Tuesday, 22 February 2011

Whats in my Makeup Bag??

My make up bag is a Me to you one which I got from New Look a few years ago. Its a good size and easy to keep clean



I keep all my everyday make up in this bag, this makes it easy to reach for in the mornings.





I have a No7 make up base which is good at controlling oil but to be honest I mostly only use this in the summer months.

Nivea creme - this is a great moisturiser for under my makeup is soaks into the skin really quickly and doesn't leave a greasy layer behind like some creams.

Natural Collections green concealer- This is a staple in my make up bag as I have quite uneven skin tone and some red area and this is a great base before make up is applied. This works just as well as other brands, more expensive green concealers.

NYC Cover stick- not sure why this is in my make up bag as I don't really use it as I find it a bit drying.

I have two foundations in my make up bag as I tend to alternate between them depending on how I feel that day, the two foundations are Revlon colorstay mineral mousse and Revlon Colorstay Liquid Foundation.

My concealer at the moment is Rimmel Match Perfection in 010 Ivory. This is really good for covering spots and for the undereye area. It is also marketed as a highligh product but I haven't used it for that so can't really comment.

No7 Blush in 10 Soft Damson- All time favourite blush, Is the perfect colour for pale skin tones, gives a rosey glow and looks natural.

kabuki by bourjous which is surprisingly good as are bourjous eyeshadow brushes.

Next onto eye products..



Eye Lash curler from Body care- cheap and does the job!

No 17 Eyebrow Shaper- great colour and easy to use, come with a handy little brush on the lid. Good quality at an affordable price!

L'Oreal Voluminous in Carbon Black- Love this mascara it makes my eyelashes look very dramatic, although have to admit at first I found the product to wet but after a few weeks it is much better.

AVON Uplifting Mascara- this mascara is ok, quite lengthening but the brush is really hard! I wouldn't repurchase this item I am just trying to use it up

No 17 Waterproof mascara- good waterproof mascara, foruma is quite dry tho and I prefer mascaras with more of a wet formula, again another one I am trying to use up.

And Lastly some misc items




A hair clip, tweezers and a nail file

WOW that was a bit of a long post, well done if you made it to the end !!

Thanks for reading :)

Laura x

5 comments:

  1. I have heard great things about the Natural Collection green concealer! Maybe its time for me to try it out!

    kitoire.blogspot.com
    petitsjoiesdelavie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Harrietalice it really is good and a great price, I would recommend it :)

    Laura x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know natural collection did green concealers! Will have to check it out.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these kind of posts x

    http://miss-lv.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Sophie Isobel yeah its really good :)

    @Miss LV- me 2 so thought i'd do my own :)

    Laura x

    ReplyDelete