Sunday, 27 February 2011

To Depot or Not ....







As I have mentioned before I have been considering buying a uni or Z palette for sometime but feel they are quite expensive for what they are. Whilst browsing through new posts I came across a post by Makeup Savvy, you can see the post here.

I decided this would be a great way to create a customizable Palette for next to nothing so I gave it a go !

I bought two tins for the eyeshadows/blushes I was depotting and some magnets. This is the first design I got:













This one is for blushers, so far it has one Stila pan and a depotted Natural Collection blush(Dusky Pink) in it. Just as a side note the natural Collection blushers are surprisingly very good !

Its surprisingly easy and I would really recommend depotting single eyeshadows as I have much more room to buy more now :)

Laura x

7 comments:

  1. I did this too! How did you depot them successfully? I had a lot of breakages :( :(

    Dee x

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you depot the Natural Collection one? I have a couple of their shadows I want to depot but I can't figure out how lol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Girls the stila eyeshadows and blush were bought in pan form so no depotting required, and the natural collection one was quite loose so I just edged in a metal nail file at the edges. I have a few 17 blushes which I want to depot but can't work out how, I tried sitting it on straightners and using the metal nail file but this resulted in breaking the blush. Will let you know if I find a way to do it :)

    Laura x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a fab idea!! I ordered 12 Stila eyeshadows recently but don't have a palette to put them in! :D
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nude Obsession there great for the stila eyeshadows, or since you have alot you could use a metal pencil tin as that would hold more

    Laura x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the blog, call me a new follower!

    Check out my blog www.non-optional.blogspot.com - and maybe follow me back!

    N. xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. you can get those tins for free if you buy body form sanitary towells. i think it's body form anyway hehe. they're to hold your pads :P.
    great idea though! xoxo

    ReplyDelete