Wednesday, 23 February 2011

Thumbs up for NYC Matte Powder Foundation

I have recently been using this powder as my usual ran out, and I have been pleasantly surprised.

What NYC say : Covers like a foundation with the smooth finish of a powder for a shine free complexion.




It gives good coverage, controls my oily skin and gives even coverage.Personally I like quite a medium to heavy coverage and so this would not work as a foundation for me but over my foundation it gives me a lovely matte finish. It does come with a sponge but I prefer to use a kabuki brush to apply it.

I have used other NYC face products my favourite being the Cream to Powder Foundation which they discontinued :( If anyone know where I can get this please leave a comment !




And as you can see I like it so much I've hit pan (but I should say this has lasted really well, a good few months with using everyday! )


Overall I'd say this gives some of the more expensive drugstore powders a run for their money.

You can pick this up in Superdrgug for around£4/£5

2 comments:

  1. Its refreshing to see a review of a drugstore brand i like this ! Im currently buying up lots of drugstore brands to review for my blog. I will pop this on my review list as it seems really good .

    id love it if you would check out my blog too I just started following yours xx

    www.honeylovesbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi

    @honey - I also like reading reviews on drugstore products as some as really good quality for the money, will defo check out your blog, thanks for following :)

    Laura x

    ReplyDelete