Tuesday, 11 January 2011

2010 Favourites

Well 2010 was the year that I really got into trying different make up, I've always worn make up but decided to try out new products and this was due to watching videos on you tube and reading blogs.

Here a few of my favourites from 2010:



Face



The foundation I was using for most of 2010 was Revlon Colourstay Mineral Mousse in shade 030. This foundation is light-medium coverage, a little goes a long way, its got SPF 20 and overall i'm really happy with it. I did try the colourstay liquid foundation but just found it didn't give me enough coverage.

I started the year using Benefit Boi-ing concealer which I loved and thought was my HG in concealer but then around november I discovered Rimmel Match Perfection Concealer in 010 Ivory and have really been loving it, its the perfect shade for my skin tone, it covers blemishes without drying them out and looking cakey, and does a good job as an under eye concealer aswell!

I was never a fan of wearing blusher for fear of looking like a clown but 2010 saw me experimenting with blusher my favourite being no7 Natural Blush in 10 Soft Damson. Its not to bright yet gives a lovely natural colour when applied with a light hand.

Thanks to Glamour magazine giving away eyebright I picked up a copy and have never looked back. I love using this in the inner corner of the eye to brighten the eye and make you look more awake and also on the waterline.

And Finally I have a skincare routine which I have stuck to and has really improved my skin. This being Cetaphil cleanser and moisturiser(review on blog)

Eyes



Onto eyes like everyone else in the beauty community I to fell in love with the Naked Palette and had to get my hands on one. I would have to say this is my favourite product of the year and most loved!

Previously I had always overlooked bourjois eyeshadows, but having read a few posts on them I decided to give them a try and wow they are great. They are so pigmented and can pe used wet as eyeliner aswell.

And two mascaras are worthy of a mention L'Oreal Voluminous in carbon black and Rimmel Lash Accelerator in black. Both mascaras have really nice wands, no clumping and really help to fan out the lashes.

Stila eye shadow quad, I found this at a reduced price and so decided to give it ago I really liked the colours I chose and the pigmentation is good but there is quite a bit of fall out from the shadows.

Avon Gel eyeliner, again another product there was lots of hype about and well worth it to. I;m not a great eyeliner fan but really enjoy using this as its so easy to use

Lips




All year round Carmex (cherry) has been my saviour whether I was wearing it on its own or under lipstick it is great for healing chapped lips. Talking of lipstick I discovered No7 Mirrorshine and these have been my most worn, in the shades Belle and Beehive

And finally ...

Fragrance




One high end and the other a celebrity perfume

Chanel Chance and Kylie Minogue Darling

1 comment:

  1. i always end up sticking to the same proucts all the time x

    ReplyDelete